Saturday, April 4, 2015

PILOT Day 4! (April 2nd, 2015)

Written April 4, 2015

Today you could feel the mana around us.

We first opened up with breakfast and prayer. I was the first one there as usual. Towards the end of breakfast, more people trickled in and by the time we opened up in the first activity we had the usual group.

We first opened up with the activity dubbed, "Power of Resistance." I don't recall much from the activity since I have a headache, but we watched a video and discussed ways that Pacific Islanders have, and will resist the stereotypes and negative environment that we face day-to-day.

Our next activity is a secret. I cannot give the details about it because Nani, my mentor, asked that I keep it on the down low since it is a key activity that PILOT does. I will say that it involves the issues of social class.

After lunch, we de-briefed on the activity. I discussed how I quickly realized what the game was and how it was shaped, so I decided to play the devil's advocate which would benefit the group in terms of thought. I was surprised to see that a member who wasn't that passionate about PILOT step up and speak her mind. It was almost heartwarming.

Our de-briefing activity led into our last activity, "Being a Community Advocate." This one is hard to recall as well, but I believe we discussed ways in which we can continue to benefit the P.I. community.

Hours completed: 8-9
Total hours completed: 33-34





No comments:

Post a Comment