Thursday, April 2, 2015

PILOT Day 3! (Part 1)

April 1, 2015

Wow. Today was just amazing. I may have to break this blog post into two parts.

Since I was so tired from last night's work shift, I woke up a little later than usual, but was still on time. When I got there, I went to that Mana room because I was so tired and knocked out for a good 40 minuets until someone came up to me and woke me up. Breakfast had arrived and I was pretty hungry.

After our ice breaker activity called, Samurai, we moved into the other room. Our first activity was learning the personal backgrounds of our community leaders who put PILOT together. They were pretty much giving their own "Lifelines" like we did on Monday. Some people like Danny-Boy, Ursula Ann, and Gaynor really impressed me on how they got to where they were at today.

After this activity, we did some self discovery on how we are as leaders. They divided up the room into North, South, East, and West. Each directions was a different kind of leader. In each direction, we outlined a vacation plan to demonstrate how we are. I felt more towards the North, but also a part of me was South. Northerners were abrasive and somewhat aggressive leaders who "Get it Done."They're stubborn and don't take no for an answer. The Southerners were people that were conscious about what the people wanted and how they felt. Southerners put others before themselves most of the time. I feel as if I am both of these, but it depends on what situation I am in. East people were the Visionary types, while Westerners were the analysts.

We went back to out seats and received another folder. In it contained a self evaluation test on what type of learners we are. On my first test, I was more of a visual learner, but I also felt that it was wrong. I felt more like a kinesthetic learner at times. I did the test one more time and landed up in both categories. I believe that just like the North and South exercise, I  had a bit of both worlds.

After this activity, we moved onto lunch where we mingled with local/national Pacific Islander Leaders. Our last activity of the day will be on the next post and will have pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment